Middle School Dean’s Welcome

Ms. Stribling

Dean’s Welcome from Chief Pulos

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
Welcome to the weirdest and most interesting year of school we are going to power through as a group, as a “Hawk’s Cast!”
NVMI is a special place where students have struggled but have great hearts; where students have failed but rise each time to try again; where students are appreciated for being unique beings that come together for the power of the whole!  There are a lot of adults that believe in the power of this group of students and spend their days and nights and weekends working hard to ensure that all students have the opportunity for success.
We will teach you.  We will guide you.  We will be firm and set high expectations for you.  And we will support you every step of the way.
To help you reach your goals, we, the deans, are here to be leaders amongst the Cast.
Ms. Stephanie Najar is the Academic Dean for High School.  She works with all the high school teachers and students and helps them meet challenges and make progress.  Her focus is helping students meet their UC A-G course requirements, college applications, and course completion for graduation!
Chief Trish Pulos is the Academic Dean for Middle School.  She works with all the middle school teachers and students and helps them meet challenges and make progress.  Her focus is helping students perform their absolute best on state assessments and learning strong academic skills to help them succeed when they get to the high school level.
Please feel to reach out to the Academic Deans for guidance, for support, for answers.  Their goal is to help clear the path to success–Per Ardua Ad Astra!