Early College Program Still Has Openings

Jon Jackson

Ms. Stribling, Advisor

Did you know the Early College Program allows students in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 to challenge themselves to gain high school credits toward graduation, and college credits at the same time?  This free program gives cadets the opportunity to get a head start in college at no cost.

How do cadets qualify for this program?  If you are a student who likes to learn, is willing to work hard, has a good school behavior record, and earns good grades in your regular school classes, then you are a good candidate for this program!  The fall semester begins on the first day of school, August 31, and forms were due in July, but it is still possible to join in if you hurry.

To get started, you will need to get a college ID number from Los Angeles Mission College.  To get a number, you have to register at www.lamission.edu.  On the home page, there is a yellow box in the upper right corner that says, “Apply Online”.  Click on that and then follow the directions on each page, where you will be creating a password, and answering questions.  If you are successful in completing everything, you will be given a “Confirmation Number” which contains only digits (no letters).  Please write this down and then contact Ms. Burchards, who will fill out the college forms for you.  E-mail her at [email protected].  If you would like the information in Spanish, please contact the college counselor, Mr. Vargas at [email protected].  Please contact us if you have any questions or need help with this process.  Thank you!