Supe’s Corner 1.18/20

Dr+Ryan+

Jon Jackson

Dr Ryan

This Wednesday, we will be half done with the Winter Intersession. We have only 13 days left!  This means now is the time to be sure you are on track to accomplish all of your assignments so you can pass your classes, make up failed classes, and improve your grades from fall semester. If you need help, remember to reach out to your teacher if you are middle schoolers, or your teacher(s) or academic coach if you are a high schooler. Time is running out quickly, so it is important you accomplish all assigned work, strive for the highest possible grades in each class you are taking, and seek help if you need it.  We will begin the spring semester on Monday February 8. If you have any classes you did not successfully pass, you will not be eligible for spring sports teams. While we are not sure yet which sports will be offered and when, we anticipate sports like cross country, track, golf, and tennis will be available soon (hopefully by the end of February at the latest).

The other important news is that we are planning to have our amazing Camp Pendleton Summer Camp this year in June. More information will be coming out about this wonderful program by the end of next month, but now is the time to start collecting merits to help pay for this. The total cost is $250 or 2500 merits. Or you can pay with a combination of merits and cash if you wish. As we have done previously, we plan to offer the following courses:

1.      Basic Non-Commissioned Officer Course (BNCOC) – for cadets in grades 6-8 in ranks below C/SGT. No prerequisites.  Cadets successfully completing this course of study will be eligible for a promotion.

2.   Advanced Non-Commissioned Officer Course (ANCOC) – for cadets of any grade level in the ranks of C/CPL, C/SGT or C/SSG who do not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets successfully completing this course will be eligible to earn a promotion.3

3.   Officer Candidate School (OCS) – for high school cadets in the rank of C/SSG or higher who wish to be commissioned C/2LT.  They must have passed all NVMI classes first semester and are passing all NVMI classes as of 3rd quarter report cards and who do not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as the end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets must also have passed the Fitnessgram during 2nd semester 2021. Cadets who successfully complete this course will be commissioned C/2LT at the conclusion of Summer Camp (or at the conclusion of Entrance Camp in July if there are still outstanding requirements to be met).

4.       Cadet Medic School (MEDIC) – Cadets must be in high school during the 20-21 school year and at least the rank of C/CPL.  They must have passed all NVMI classes first semester and are passing all NVMI classes as of 3rd quarter report cards and who do not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of the end of the 3rd quarter). They must also pass the FEMA online course, Introduction to the Incident Command System, prior to 31 May 2021, and provide a copy of the completion certificate.

5.       Cadet Military Police School and Marksmanship (MP/MTU) – Cadets must have a recommended rank of PFC or higher.  They must not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of the end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets must also have passed the Fitnessgram during 2nd semester 2021.

6.       Recondo School – Cadets must be in grades 9 or higher during the 20-21 school year and a recommended rank of C/CPL or higher.  They must not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of the end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets must also have passed the Fitnessgram during 2nd semester 2021 AND have a medical doctor’s permission to attend this training.

7.      Specially Honed Aquatic Rescue Cadet (SHARC)  –  Cadets must be at least 15 years old and a recommended rank of C/CPL.  They must not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of the end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets must also have passed the Fitnessgram during 2nd semester 2021 and BE A GOOD SWIMMER.

8.     General Education in Automotive Repair (GEAR)  –  Cadets must be in grades 8 or above.

9.  Firefighting Incident Response Explorer (FIRE) – Cadets must be in grade 8 or above. They must not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of the end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets must also have passed the Fitnessgram during 2nd semester 2021 and BE A GOOD SWIMMER.

10.  Mountaineering – Cadets must be in grades 9 or higher during the 20-21 school year and a recommended rank of C/CPL or higher.  They must not have excessive permanent demerits (more than 30 as of the end of the 3rd quarter). Cadets must also have passed the Fitnessgram during 2nd semester 2021.