For Parents: Attendance Team

There are a few concerns that I would like to address regarding phone calls from the Attendance Team.

• Synchronous Learning means we have the same bell schedule that we had prior to virtual learning and will have when we return to campus. Students are expected to be in classes 7 periods a day, start time of 8:05 – 3:40 (end of formation) Monday through Thursday, and start time of 8:00 – 2:00 (end of formation) on Fridays.
  • We all understand how frustrating it can be when you’re at work to take a phone call or phone calls telling you that your student is not doing what they are supposed to be doing. As the parent of three boys, I get it. That is not what you want to hear. However, NVMI is committed to providing parents with information for safety and for learning reasons.
  • All attendance that is reported to families is the same information that is available to families on PowerSchool. The attendance team does not have the ability to change your student’s attendance and, the attendance team is not lying to you. 
  • The expectation is that as adults in the 21st century we will all speak respectfully to one another. If an attendance team member is not behaving in a professional manner, please call or email Mrs. Wilson, Mrs. Tedla, the main office, or Dr. Ryan. And, we ask that you speak in a professional manner as well.

The end goal is for all NVMI students to graduate ON TIME in spite of the circumstances we are all having to deal with as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic.